Note to heterosexuals – PART 1:May favorite may be #12
1) Stop assuming the myth of Compulsory Heterosexuality...right now. It's embarrassing.
2) Stop imposing the demand that all Gays come out. No homosexual owes you an explanation for, or disclosure of, anything, ever.
3) Stop equating discretion with delusion. If a Gay does not “come out” to you that lack of disclosure does not always mean a person is "Gay" and closeted. It very often means a person is avowedly "Gay" without any intention of discussing it with YOU or acknowledging your offensively suspicious, circumspect manner. The compulsion to "come out" is a heterosexual fantasy and a bigoted function of the closet...both imposed upon The Gays.
4) Stop using the phrase "openly Gay". Sexual orientation is avowed not admitted.
5) Stop speculating freely and conspiratorially on the sexuality of others. It betrays your grotesque insecurity. It is also called Sexual Harassment.
6) Admit your fear and anxiety when suspected Gays do not reveal sexual orientation.
7) Face that fear and anxiety ALONE. "The Gays" do not come out of the closet just so you can indulge your remarkably creepy need-to-know. Here's a thought: healthy people have boundaries.
8) Admit your unchallenged belief in Compulsory Heterosexuality alone is the cause of your fear and anxiety NOT your perception of ostensible, unverifiable homosexuals.
9) Stop professing you are "fine with The Gays". We're sure you have many black friends too. Please stop telling us about it.
10) Stop forcing homosexuals to tolerate your "tolerance".
11) Stop generalizing and extrapolating from personal experience.
Exhibit A: "I like The Gays so all straight people are cool like me. I'll just indulge my un-interrogated belief that homophobic bigotry is a fantasy of phrenological proportions and expect The Gays not to be offended by my narcissistic ignorance because I really am the center of the universe!"
12) Stop flattering yourself with the "Homosexual Panic Defense". Gays do not want to have sex with you. This is emphasized for straight men. Really. Look in the mirror, step on a scale, then look around.
13) Stop conflating homosexual with "Gay". Sexual orientation and cultural identity are not the same thing, especially when the cultural identity in question has never been formed outside of oppression. While all "Gays" are homosexual, not all avowed homosexuals culturally identify as "Gay".
In response to the wacko right's buzz about Elena Kazan's sexuality
After first noting that this list is only pertinent when referring to some, but not all, heterosexuals, here's a worthy post from the comments section of a Huffpost article: